FREEDOM KAYAK ADVENTURES' KAYAK & SUP CLASSES - 2019 Summer Series
Designed for beginner paddlers, FKA's Classes are an excellent way to build your confidence on the water and have more fun!
Our courses focus on specific skill-sets and are taught by an experienced paddler. Classes are semi-private, meaning you are with a small group of similar skill level students. If you have your own boat and gear rental equipment is available.
SKILLS CLASS SCHEDULE: Look below in the class descriptions to view our upcoming events and classes. We'll add classes throughout the summer months. Feel free to check back here often, or LIKE US on Facebook to receive up-to-date schedule and event info.
CLASS LOCATION: FKA's Saxony Lake Rentals Location: Saxony Lake and Beach, 13288 Pennington Rd., Fishers, IN (http://goo.gl/maps/oDJv7)
CLASS REGISTRATION: Advance Registration Required. To initiate the registration process, you must submit an 'FKA Class Registration Form.' When received, we'll send you a PayPal invoice for payment.
CLASS CONTACT: Paul Hilton. (Submit the form at the bottom of this page to inquire with questions or to request a date for a class.)
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR A SKILLS CLASS
CLASS DESCRIPTIONS 2019:
Introduction to Kayaking: DATES: TBA
Introduction to Kayaking is the foundation of our recommended progression in your kayaking skills education. You will learn efficient paddling techniques and the necessary strokes to maneuver your kayak. In this fun and easy way to get started kayaking, you also learn about kayaking safety, equipment, launching and landing. This class is suited for the beginner or those experienced but with little previous instruction.Cost: $30.00, Time: 2 hours.
Introduction to SUP (Stand Up Paddleboarding): DATES: TBA
As with our Intro to Kayaking, Intro to SUP is the foundation of learning skills required to competently and safely enjoy SUP. You will learn efficient paddling techniques and the necessary strokes to maneuver your SUP in any direction. In this fun and easy way to get started SUP, you will learn about board and blade designs and options, paddlesports safety, equipment, launching and landing. Plus, you get the chance to try out several different styles and sizes of boards. This class involves possible immersion, so plan to get wet...it's part of the process! This class is suited for the beginner.Cost: $30.00, Time: 2 hours.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR A CLASS
Please download our CLASS RELEASE WAIVER: PRINT IT - SIGN IT - BRING IT WITH YOU!
ADDITIONAL SKILLS CLASS INFORMATION
Essential Eligibility Criteria: In order to participate in a Skills Training Lesson, each participant must satisfy the following essential eligibility criteria:
- Be able to independently participate in all individual skills and activities listed in the course outline while also maintaining an appropriate and safe body position Be able to hold their breath while under water and, while in the water wearing a properly fitted lifejacket, be able to independently turn from a face down to a face up position keeping their head above water
- Be able to effectively communicate with the instructor and other course participants
- Be able to manage all personal care independently, or with the assistance of a companion
- Be able to manage all personal mobility independently, or with the assistance of a companion
- It's best to learn in your own boat or board, but if you need a kayak or SUP, PFD and paddle, they are available to rent for the class. Please let us know when you RSVP.
- In case of inclement weather, we will attempt to notify registered participants of class postponement, but sometimes we won't know until shortly before the event.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to class time so you have time to go over materials, final registration paperwork and allow us to get you outfitted with gear for the class.
- Classes are limited, so if you register for the class and have an emergency that will not allow you to attend, please let us know so that students on the waiting list can plan accordingly to attend.
- What to Bring: Come prepared to get wet from the drip of your paddle, or splashing water, and to be out in the sun. Dress for the weather. Lightweight/synthetic (layered clothing is best), sunglasses, sun block, insect repellant and a hat. Bring a camera but make sure it’s waterproof or in a waterproof bag.
Class Evaluation: We're always interested in your opinion to improve our classes. SUBMIT AN FKA CLASS EVALUATION FORM.
FKA Classes Reservation Cancellation Policy
- All classes must be paid in full to guarantee your reservation.
- Our cancellation policy enables us to efficiently pre-plan every event.
- Participant cancellations made at least 7 days prior to the class will receive a full refund.
- Participants cancelling with more than 48 hours’ notice will receive a 50% refund.
- Participant cancellations made with less than 48 hours’ notice will receive no refund.
- Replacement Clause: Find a suitable replacement for your spot and we will refund any fees, no questions asked.
- No-shows forfeit all fees paid.
- If we cancel due to an emergency, extreme weather or lack of enrollment, you may reschedule or receive a full refund. In the event of cancellation, we will make every attempt to contact you in a timely fashion.
YOGA on Stand-Up Paddleboards (SUPs)
This year, Freedom Kayak Adventures will be offering SUP Yoga. Take your Yoga training up a notch by doing it on a paddleboard. The classes will be taught by Leah Desserich, owner of Just Breathe Pilates. She brings with her years of experience. The classes will be every Wednesday evenings starting on June 12th and continuing through July. Some classes will be offered on weekends as well so check back from time to time. A minimum of four students is required to hold a class so be sure to invite a friend or family member to join you in the fun.
Cost: $35 per class (Includes the SUP, paddle and PFD)
CLASS INFO CONTACT FORM
Submit this form to inquire about classes or to request a date.